Friday, March 8, 2013

To Anonymous

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'd love to hear about how your parish finally decided that they needed to hire a Youth Minister, prompting the Coordinator of Religious Education to "spend more time with her family."

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Which parish are you referring to?
an explanation, I was born and raised in the Egypt area, but now reside just over the line to the west in the "Marion School district, however my heart will always be in that little parish church full of farmers and their kids that was built on my families land
---------------------------------------------
That being said, over here in the Marion catholic Community,

If you are talking about our new "old" deacon, well I have some reservations about him that is for sure. He seems to be another 80's holdover, I sent him a post from Holy Souls Hermitage about servers
 http://holysoulshermitage.com/2013/02/20/on-acolytes-altar-boys-girl-altar-boys-altar-servers/#comments

I was hoping to stir some kind of improvement in the absolutely sloppy, who cares attitude in our servers. Lets just say the response was underwhelming at best.

" My formative years were prior to the mid-sixties. So, I know a little about the pre-Vatican approach to worship and truly, I don't ever want to go back there".

 His remarks told me that any discussion with him is a dead end, regardless of the Holy Fathers wishes

To quote Twain  "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always twenty years behind the times."

and it seems there is another 5 to 10 till it gets up here 

I guess if i want to attend a truly holy NO mass I'll have to go to Russia and Fr Amberger, I suggest that all try to go to at least one. I'm not talking about a Latin mass, his NO mass is outstanding, it literally moved me to tears the last time, something I will never experience with the hand holding, happy clappy semi prot activity in our local parishes.

Even my 14 year old son is sensing something wrong, he is questioning the Mass and told me very few of his friends really want to go and claim that it is boring and they get absolutely get NOTHING out of it, just go because they are forced. Oh and the "hip relevant music" bores the teens to tears, it is "hip" to the "old" organist.and her age group not the kids, and don't go there, we do NOT need a drummer and guitars in the sanctuary.  I would love to expose some of them to chant and polyphony, but for now I grit my teeth and pray, "forgive them they know no what they do"

As we worship and pray, so we believe

 

No comments: