Sunday, March 1, 2009

First the bad news


Roger Cardinal Mahony is full of it right up to his chin,
I like the Latin Mass because it is reverent, quiet,
peaceful and not open to all kinds of happy-clappy crap,
I am so sick and tired of the constant effort to entertain,
involve, show off, and the constant stimulation of the
novis ordo, our Priest commented in a sermon lately that we need quiet time to listen for the Lord, immediately after the sermon itwas nonstop prayer or music the rest of the Mass, immediately afterwords the visiting started as the mas rush for the doors started, peace and quiet my @#$%^&**, oh you know.
By the way Cardinal, I was born in 1959, so it's not that I cannot accept change, I want it and I need it

The Egyptian


Anyway from;

The Creative Minority Report


First the bad news. I hope that even the non-traditionalist, non liturgically minded readers of CMR will agree that the following quote from Roger Cardinal Mahony of Loas Angeles reflects a 3rd grade understanding of liturgy and is just plain offensive. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf reports that the Cardinal said this at the Exhibit Hall at the Religious Education Congres.
Ann Scolari: What are your thoughts on the Trindentine mass?

CardinalMahony: Ann: The Tridentine Mass was meant for those who could not make the transition from Latin to English [or other languages] after the Council. But there is no participation by the people, and I don’t believe that instills the spirit of Christ among us.
There are many things I could say about the previous quote. I could throw quotes from dozens of Popes at you, I can quote Summorum Pontificum, and I can quote Councils all in the effort to pursuade you how utterly un-Catholic is the viewpoint of the Cardinal. But I trust, however, that all Catholics of good will and a fourth grade reading level are already pursuaded.

The title of this post is Good News Bad News, so you might naturally be wondering, "what is the good news?"

Well February 27th was the Seventy third birthday of the Cardinal. So the good news is that it is a mere 728 days until the Cardinal must submit his resignation. Tick, Tock.

2 comments:

RussDaMan said...

Gee, don't be afraid to let'em know what you think (LOL). Is there a formal process you can use to voice your concerns?

Kurt H said...

I was just thumbing through my copy of The Hidden Treasure of the Mass by Saint Leonard last night. You might appreciate it, but even then, it seems as though the method of "participating" in the old mass for many people consisted of saying prayers different from those of the celebrant during mass, rather than entering into the rite. I agree that full, conscious, and active participation does not mean every body has to DO something. Sacrosanctum Concilium says as much.

If you need some quiet time in the presence of the Lord, try adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. St. Augustine has exposition on Mondays and Holy Redeemer on Tuesdays. Your beloved St. Joseph in Egypt is always open, and our Lord is waiting for you in the tabernacle.